Duties of Immanuel Youth servants
In recognition of the unique season of life represented by the Middle and High School years, the mental, emotional, and spiritual development that occurs during this time, and the importance of relationship-building, consistency, and trust that is foundational to effective ministry to students, Immanuel Youth Ministry asks those involved in youth ministry to make the following commitments:
1. I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins, that he has redeemed me, given me a new heart and new desires, and that he is progressively sanctifying me for his glory and for the good of the body of Christ.
2. I believe in and am committed to the vision of Immanuel Youth, to build the next generation into a community from all cultures where Christ is King.
3. I recognize that the role of Immanuel Youth is to partner with and assist parents and guardians in their primary role of discipling their sons and daughters, as described in Deuteronomy 6:7, Psalm 78:5-7, and Ephesians 6:4.
4. I am committed to growing and maturing in my relationship with God through regular time in the Scriptures and in prayer, communing with my Savior, and through participation as an active member of Immanuel.
5. I am committed to choices and a lifestyle that are both godly and above reproach, knowing that my lifestyle is a model for our youth.
6. I commit to serve in this role for one year, normally from the beginning of June until the end of May.
7. I commit to active participation in the Immanuel Youth gathering on Sunday mornings every week. If I’m unable to be present, I will inform the IY Director as soon as possible prior to my absence. I agree to not take on additional ministry responsibilities that might require me to be away from the IY gathering on a regular basis.
8. I commit to making it a priority, as much as I am able, to participate in events that the youth may hold outside of Sundays, including overnight events such as the fall camping trip and summer mission trip. If I’m unable to make the event for which I’ve been scheduled, I will find a replacement from within the IY team or an IK-approved youth parent.
9. I commit to orchestrating a minimum of two scheduled events per semester with your small group (ex. small group dinner, ice cream outing, soccer game, picnic in the park, etc.)
10. I commit to implementing and overseeing (with the help of my assigned small group) one Fourth Friday event during the year.